Saturday, November 15, 2014

Sun Flowers

Sunflowers 2012.  Created using acrylic on canvas with gloss protective finish. This is one of a series. I created from 2012-2013. I based these paintings on drawings I planned to create into stained glass windows or plate wear once my kiln and studio space was finished. However with a newborn around that time I realized I had to put playing with glass around the house on the back burner for the time being. I dusted off the paintbrushes, took a deep breath, and I renewed a creative outlet I had not done since freshman year at KCAI. It was a fun, quick little paintings I could attempt while my daughter napped and fit into my busy schedule at that time. It is important to not ignore your creative drive no matter how busy for your life!
Artist retains all Rights L.I. 2014. Item Still Available at livenitupdesign.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment