Monday, June 7, 2010

Now I've received a lot of questions about the medium and technique that I used for the follow images. I have been using Acrylic Silkscreen, layered on wood board. I also engrave into the pieces to create a textural effect that cannot be seen by these photographic images I currently have of them. I also occasionally use colored wax based pencils for finer line detail. I love the effect of natural wood grain and do my best to have it become transparent and complementary of my work. Each piece is one of a kind. I destroy the matrix of the screen every time I produce a piece to keep things fresh and nontraditional of printmaking ideals of multiples. This might also give the illusion of a painting over print, but there is no traditional painting involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment